Why would you want to get your podcast on YouTube?
We answer that question on this episode of Libsyn Live!
Not only do we (Krystal O’connor from the support team and Elsie Escobar – moi – Social Media Community Manager) go deep into whether or not you should or should not attempt to get your audio podcast onto iTunes…
Krystal does a stellar job of walking you through four different platforms and software to use to convert your audio podcast into a video file so you can upload it to YouTube!
If you ever wondered how to cross-post your audio podcast into YouTube, this is the Libsyn Live for you!
The 101 Of Getting Your Audio Podcast On YouTube
Time codes are for the video
- 2:39 Do we measure how long someone listens to a podcast?
- 3:22 An explanation of downloads and progressive downloads. (This is a great definition and explanation!) About 5 minutes!
- 11:27 Measuring engagement is the way to see how that translates to podcasts growth vs downloads.
- 13:08 Step number one or why you want to take your podcast into YouTube.
- 18:13 The different types of media consumers: podcast listeners vs YouTube watchers
- 19:26 Is it really worth it having your audio podcast IN YouTube?
- 21:48 Should you just put your same content from your podcast onto YouTube?
- 23:26 One podcast strategy for using YouTube – as supporting content for the podcast
- 27:17 How do you tell the visual story of your podcast? How do you find a compelling visual story of your audio podcast to make into video for YouTube?
- 31:00 Example of how to do highlights for the week in YouTube for your podcast.
- 32:58 Ideas of examples of how to incorporate ideas from the MTV Instagram feed to promote your podcast.
- 34:22 And example of setting up a mini promotional video on your YouTube channel, right at the top.
- 36:00 Elsie’s story of how she started doing YouTube for Libsyn and why she stopped.
- 37:00 Why wouldn’t you want to do a YouTube channel? Why WOULD you want to do a YouTube channel for podcast? We weigh the consequences.
- 39:00 When should you add another channel for social media for your show?
- 41:00 What you need to get your podcast onto YouTube – we break it down.
- 42:13 Do we feel that YouTube will have a resurgence with podcasting?
- 46:20 Using TunesToTube to get your podcast into YouTube.
- 47:16 The problems with TunesToTube are discussed.
- 48:30 Using iMovie to get your audio podcast into YouTube.
- 56:00 Having your content be the same for an audio and video – which one to choose?
- 57:38 Using Camtasia to create a video file from your audio podcast episode.
- 1:08:00 Using Premier Pro to create a video to upload to YouTube from your audio podcast episode.
- 1:19:00 Encoding for YouTube and why it’s different from iTunes.
- 1:21:50 How to automatically publish from Libsyn to YouTube.
- 1:25:30 Checking out YouTube stats from the podcasting perspective.
Links and Resources Mentioned!
- A supplemental video for and episode of Elsie’s Yoga Class podcast
- A full video episode of Elsie’s Yoga Class Podcast
- The 15 Second Tech Podcast
- MPEG streamclip
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dug this episode head on over to YouTube and kindly subscribe and give us a thumbs up!
Ways to subscribe to Libsyn Live
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions via social media, tag us and use the hashtag #libsynlive!