Do you have a hard time promoting your podcast?
It’s not easy putting yourself out there.
Not only are we not used to self promotion, but we’ve also built unconscious judgments for those that DO promote their stuff!
In the sea of feeling uncomfortable about talking about yourself, thinking “I don’t wanna come across like that guy” and the desire to grow your audience, you end up not doing anything.
Paralysis by analysis.
Krystal and I decided to start the process of helping you guys take actions by breaking down the how to promote your podcast minus the cheese factor.
Come and hang with us for an hour or so as we start the conversation of self promotion!
BONUS: we start to get into iTunes algorithms for search and New & Noteworthy
Promoting your podcast 101
- Get details of our new time for Libsyn Live: the first Tuesdays of the month
- 3:34 Libsyn has a new blog template for your podcast!
- 6:31 A walkthrough of the podcast template page
- 8:12 How to customize the new podcast template page
- 10:18 How to get the new podcast page for your account if you already have a Libsyn account
- 15:03 Promoting your content can be totally scary and what to do to get over it
- 16:48 Q – why would the podcast page not show up under destinations with existing Libsyn users?
- 19:05 Getting your podcast pitch out and what IS your podcast pitch?
- 20:35 Why describing your podcast in a sentence can benefit you a ton for promotion.
- 22:16 Q – Do we request the new podcast pages for each of our existing shows?
- 23:46 What are your podcast episodes about? How do you describe each of your episodes succinctly?
- 25:20 Where do you go to promote your show?
- 28:10 Choosing where you promote your podcast is a mixture of where you love to be and where your audience IS. j
- 31:34 What resonates with YOU as a user?
- 32:10 Q – What’s our take on the frequency of posts in each social media channels? What’s optimal posting?
- 36:56 What is important to include when sharing your podcast in social media.
- 38:35 The types of updates to share via Twitter, to keep in mind all the different types of audiences that you might reach
- 42:34 Krystal shares a clear example of why you should share the benefits of your work, whether in your podcast or possibly another show that you are in – the perfect listener might just be there
- 45:11 some ideas of how to leverage Facebook to have as many people as you can see your content
- 48:26 Basic Facebook Page strategy, what kind of posts as well as what kinds of URLs are best shared
- 52:05 Why it’s important to change up where you send people via social media
- 53:00 Does sharing your iTunes URL help you rank in New & Noteworthy if people subscribe?
- 54:45 Q – Is using Hootsuite to schedule posts for your podcast remove the “personal” in social?
- 56:43 Q – What is the “permalink” within Libsyn and should you share it? And how to customize it!
- 1:00:15 How does iTunes search work? X factor revealed.
- 1:03:10 How iTunes search works with key words
- 1:04:23 The search bar delivers different results than search “proper” in iTunes
Links and Resources Mentioned!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dug this episode head on over to YouTube and kindly subscribe and give us a thumbs up!
Ways to subscribe to Libsyn Live
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions via social media, tag us and use the hashtag #libsynlive!