We get questions about how to get started with Libsyn all the time.
Krystal and I decided to address the MAIN questions that we get, multiple times a day. No joke.
If you’re just getting started, you REALLY need to watch this.
Here are the main questions that we address:
- Why use libsyn?
- What libsyn account should I get?
- What’s the deal with the storage?
- How do I fill out my show settings?
- How do I fill out the info to submit to iTunes?
- What do I do if you have troubles submitting your podcast into iTunes????
Krystal does a fantastic job walking you step by step through the interface including submitting a podcasting into iTunes.
This is a must watch if you are just getting started.
Getting A Libsyn Account And Submitting into iTunes Step by Step
***NOTE: all time codes are for the video
- 2:20 Intros with Krystal and who is libsyn
- 2:45 Who is Libsyn and why you need a podcast host
- 4:45 Welcome to the Libsyn Dashboard
- 5:29 How do you pick an account level for Libsyn
- 6:09 How much space will you require per month? And a breakdown of how to figure out what you need for your podcast.
- 8:07 Other considerations for what account to pick – do you want an app? Do you want to monetize?
- 9:07 Last major consideration for what account: Stats
- 10:55 Explanation of how our revolving storage works
- 12:55 Where are Libsyn’s servers located? Explanation of where our CDNs are located
- 13:45 With a $5 or $15 account, can I have one account or do I need to have multiple accounts?
- 16:30 A walkthrough of getting a new account from the start-up page
- 17:17 A show slug is very important: what is it?
- 18:15 Why we don’t recommend changing your show slug.
- 20:50 Breakdown of your show/account settings in the Libsyn Dashboard
- 22:43 Artwork requirements to keep in mind!
- 24:19 Destinations: Configuring your RSS feed aka editing your RSS feed in the Libsyn Dashboard – Exactly what shows up in iTunes
- 27:35 Publishing and episode and suggested requirements
- 29:20 A walkthrough of how to publish and episode in iTunes
- 32:25 What if you have an episode that is explicit, how do you configure that for your podcast
- 34:40 RSS feeds are not meant to be read in web browsers.
- 36:20 Subscribe to your podcast before you submit it to iTunes – here’s how to do it.
- 38:12 Checking if your feed is valid
- 39:20 If you can can’t get to feedvalidator.org here’s an alternative.
- 41:15 Question: Why do people use an RSS feed button on their website?
- 43:05 How to submit your podcast into iTunes – a walkthrough
- 45:30 We are still working on a WP plug-in – as soon as details are allowed to be shared they will be
- 47:05 Problems with submitting your feed into iTunes – Too slow OR you get that dreaded message…
- 47:55 “Your are hosted on a server that doesn’t support byte range requests. Enable byte range requests and try your submission again” – you get this error if your RSS isn’t fully configured OR iTunes is having trouble accepting submissions
- 50:23 Once your show is accepted it may not show ALL your episode – totally NORMAL.
Links And Resources Mentioned!!!
- Feed Validator
- Alternative to Feed Validator
- How to get started with Libsyn FAQ tutorial
- Static page for Libsyn Live page of past episodes!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dug this episode head on over to YouTube and kindly subscribe and give us a thumbs up!
Ways to subscribe to Libsyn Live
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions via social media, tag us and use the hashtag #libsynlive!